I’m going to start working on a new version of the Nostromotron. Although I still really love the original one, I feel like I’ve learned a few things since then and I’d like to apply them to a new version of the mod.
So be prepared for a few posts about doing this new version I now call ‘doué’.
Here’s a few highlight of what I’d like to do for this one
- Base it on the monotron duo, basing the design on Alessandro’s – itself based on my original one.
- Better pitch accuracy: Get rid of the tuning ‘problem’ – some might call that a feature – due to the sensitivity of the pitch knob
- Use DDS for the digital oscillator to get a less aliasing
- Add a VCA post-filter (this will also get rid of the gate clicks since the gate can always be open)
- Make use of the tap points on the pcb for various waveshapes
- Use bypass capacitors on chips – as I am supposed to.
- Do a proper casing so I can fully tweak it without any additional help.
- “Real” MIDI port (but still support usb over midi)
So, all in all, this should end up being a cleaner version of the unit. Let’s see how it rolls.